Thursday 28 February 2019

February in Review

As folklore would have it, some rodent predicted that we would have an early spring, retreated back to it's cozy den to chuckle at the notion of peoples' superstitious beliefs. And then this well-humoured rodent went back to hibernate until this crazy winter is over.  


Sewing or the Lack There of It

As well, this month was all about hibernating in the sewing room. I took my inspiration from the groundhog.  There wasn't a great deal produced, rather more consideration of what do I really need. It was a month of sticking to the classics when it came to my sewing life and getting dressed.  Although I do love the "art teacher chic" look, I've been noticing that I've been reaching for more conservative practical looks for my work life. It's not fun standing in a dark parking lot, all alone, scraping the car for the slippery ride home if you're wearing Vogue 1410 and the wind is whipping around snow at your feet. And sometimes it's cold in the office. It's all about dressing in layers.


So my creative side wasn't inspired until this project. And then my creativity went back into hibernation mode. Yes, that means that I haven't even started the jeans toile or completed the urban print pencil skirt. It could also be recovering from all that snow shovelling? Or perhaps the mending pile that needs to be addressed. After, I'm done hibernating.

Happy Sewing!  

 

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Sorry, not laughing AT you, but sympathy laughing with your sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing, I was going for more humour than sarcasm. It seems like it has been a crazy amount of snow this year, I don't know where to move it. And my heart wants to grab a dress to wear over ski-pants. Not the most fashionable look. I've got the rubber boots ready for the spring melt.

      Delete
  2. I had a chuckle about the rodent. I've been watching a huntsman spider that 'usually' is associated with rain but I think it is most wishful thinking than anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love folklore, stories that weave together communities.

      Delete
  3. Silly groundhog! We have had our share here in the desert but spring is just around the corner. I won't tease you with our temps but you are welcome to tease me in August.

    ReplyDelete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...