Tuesday 4 December 2018

Vogue 9217: PJ Bottoms

Flannel pajamas, could there be anything more cozy? A good book, a cup of warm milk, a pair of wool socks, and flannel jammies and I'm soon ready for bed. But not quite yet. I still have a pajama top to make to go with these bottoms.


First let me talk about Vogue 9217, it has become my go-to pajama bottom pattern. 

This pants pattern is a quick make because it's perfectly drafted. I love that it has generously sized pockets and a partial elastic waist.  Of course, I shortened the length and on these ones I changed the shape of the hemline since these are my winter pajama bottoms and keeping my feet warm is key.  

  
Looking at the line drawing for this pattern, the rest of the pattern options could also work as sleep or lounge wear. I've only used the pants pattern for this type of sewing.  


This fabric jumped out of the large selection of flannels. Moose wearing plaid, how cute! I found this cotton flannel at Northwest Fabrics and left some on the bolt.  It's super soft. Of course, I pre-treated the fabric and there was a noticeable shrinkage. No surprise there. What was a surprise was when the sale person who was cutting out my fabric told me that I didn't need as much as I requested. She informed me that she made pants with only one metre of fabric. And when I pointed out that it was a narrow width piece she insisted that one metre would suffice. I don't know if she thought I was making shorts or trying to save the fabric for herself. It is a pretty cute print. Needless to say, I'm glad that I stuck to my calculations and it turned out it was just enough.  

The Stats

Fabric:  2.7 metres

Elastic:  0.7 metres

Pattern:  Vogue 9217

Additional Supplies & Tools:  Cutting table, pins, pin cushion, tailor's chalk, scissors, iron, ironing board, sewing machine, serger, threads, and seam ripper.  

Happy Sewing!

        





No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...