Once you find a panties pattern that you like, I don't believe that you'll ever to back to shopping for undies. I have two patterns that have become my go-to panties patterns. Madalynne's Simplicity 8229 and Simplicity 8228 are my favourite panties patterns. And Gertie's Butterick 6031 is another pattern that I would recommend trying out. But if you don't have a favourite pattern there are a lot of free patterns found online and tutorials for creating your own pattern from a favourite pair.
1. You're in control of the fit. In my humble opinion, there is nothing worse than ill-fitting undies. But once you have the sizing just right, you'll never have to worry about wearing ill-fitting undies ever again!
2. You get to pick the fabric. There are some fun lace fabrics out there that would make some cute undies if lace is your thing. And then there are some organic cottons that are quite lovely as well. Or how about giving a new life to an old t-shirt and have some fun with pattern placement.
3. It's easy. Seriously, easy.
4. Sewing is relaxing.
5. Sewing is fun.
6. Making panties for your family will make them happy.
7. You're in charge of quality control. I don't know if you've noticed but they don't make things with the higher quality of days gone by. But when you sew, you're in charge of the quality control.
8. And think of all those beautiful and fun elastics that you can choose!
9. Prefer the leg elastic on the outside, no problem when you're sewing your own panties. You have complete creative control.
10. It's more economical to make your own undies. It doesn't take a lot of fabric and it's the perfect way to use up small scraps that you might have laying around after another project.