Thursday 23 June 2016

In Sewing News Today...

There hasn't been a whole lot of sewing this month. I think I actually accomplished more sewing relating stuff when I was recovering from knee surgery. There has been shopping though.  


I found this linen, cotton, and polyester blend Paris print in the home decor department of the fabric store. I was all smitten over this piece of cloth ever since I laid eyes on it. The plan is to turn it into a Marcy Tilton coat. The orange and yellow polyester satin is going to be the lining fabric. I've been sitting on Vogue 8934 ever since it was released, waiting for the right fabric to come along. I think this is it.  

I just need to find my sewing mojo to tackle all these projects I have stock piling. I do believe that allergy season has been contributing to my recent lack of sewing mojo. Seems like everyone is celebrating the arrival of the summer solstice and I'm wishing for the first frost. Don't hate me. 

In other sewing news, did you see Rhonda's Wednesday showcase this week? There's a link to a new-to-me online store call Spoonflower, Designs by Renelope. There are some really fun urban designs that I would love to play with, like the Moonlight Traffic fabric. But first, I must put a dent into this stash I have that has been growing.  

Well, that is all in sewing news today... 

Happy Sewing!   





 

2 comments:

  1. I've bought so much from spoonflower. The wrapping paper is amazing but not all of the fabrics hold their colour well (silk cotton blend was terrible but the cotton sateen was fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! Thanks. I think with the possibility of a postal strike, I will have to curb my temptation.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...