Saturday 28 September 2024

Trending: Slather on the Butter Yellow with OOP Butterick 5790 and Vogue

Okay, I'm coming clean here:  I'm not following the the hype for the 2024 defining colour, yellow.  I'm just stash busting this yellow French terry that made it into my stash when it went on sale for $3.00 / metre.  It's rare to find a deal like this and I may or may not have came home with ten metres.  I thought if I felt like I overdosed on yellow along the way, this cotton French terry could be easily dyed or used for toiles.


Project details

Seams:  Knit (lightening bolt) stitch

Seam finish:  Serged and Coverstitch

Fabric:  3 metres

Elastic:  3 metres

Patterns:  OOP Butterick 5790 and Vogue 

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, tailor's chalk, fabric scissors, pin cushion, Janome sewing machine, walking foot, Janome serger, threads, Janome cover stitch, thread clippers, iron, ironing board, safety pins, tea and good tunes.  

Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trending: Slather on the Butter Yellow with OOP Butterick 5790 and Vogue

Okay, I'm coming clean here:  I'm not following the the hype for the 2024 defining colour , yellow.  I'm just stash busting this...