Sunday 1 September 2019

In Sewing News Today...

Today is the World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation ahead of the United Nations Climate Action Summit this month in New York. This is a follow-up to the 2016 Paris Agreement. It is also a time for myself personally to reflect on my own lifestyle choices including sewing. I try to make thoughtful decisions in the projects I make. It hasn't always been the case. 


I'm certainly a work in progress. There has been a historic trail of polyester and rayon in my past sewing projects. I'm trying to change my ways, become more thoughtful of the materials that I use and recycle in order to care for creation.  



There is a line at the end of Al Gore's An Inconvenient Sequel, "if our leaders refuse to lead, citizens of the world will."

Today is also the start of #sewyourselfsustainable by New Craft House which I hope will be an insightful look at what I've been doing and how I can improve.  


Today is the start of #seweverydayseptember another Instagram look into the lives of people who sew. And of course, 


Today marks the beginning of National Sewing Month in the United States. This year's theme is sewing is your path to self-expression.  

There is a lot of ways to celebrate, think and express ourselves through our sewing this month. Will you be joining in?  

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...