Wednesday 31 July 2019

July in Review...

New Fall Collection

Half the year is gone and I haven't made a pair of jeans yet. I've been talking about sewing a new pair of jeans since the beginning of the year. It might change with the new fall pattern release from Vogue. 
 

I wouldn't mind making up Vogue 1644 in a denim fabric. I have to admit, it has been quite awhile since I've been taken in my a new pattern release but this one is an exception.  Could it be that I'm thrilled that designers raised waistbands? Perhaps.  


This Vogue 1642 pants pattern has captured my interest as well. Or it could be the wide leg design that has me all smitten over sewing a pair of pants? The one fact that is certain, there will be some pants hitting the sewing table sometime in the near future.  

Sewing

There has been some actual sewing this past month. Nothing too challenging, mostly gift and practical items.  There was one project that I abandoned before it was finished, Vogue 9370.  


The pattern is perfect, my sewing and fabric choice, not so. I think this design would work best in a cotton shirting as recommended on the pattern envelope. Instead, I chose this denim-like fabric from the stash. It was labelled as 100% cotton but it didn't drape or feel so. And then I made an error on the front facing that would have been difficult to correct and there wasn't enough fabric left to recut the required piece. Sewing bloopers happen.  


I do plan to re-use the fabric for something else. Maybe I'll bring out-of-print (OOP) Vogue 1455 out of retirement and create another reversible bubble-hemmed dress to be gifted for a little gal.  

Happy Sewing!



2 comments:

  1. Very little sewing happening here. I did make a version of the wide leg pants and love them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! You have your hands on the new Vogues. Good to know its a good pattern. They haven't arrived in this local yet.

      Delete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...