Monday 29 July 2019

Cork Bag: McCall's 7851

I've been getting quite a few inquiries when it come to this bag. And here I am making one more for someone special.


McCall's 7851 is a wonderful pattern. It is well-drafted and a quick project. I might even go as far to say that this might be suitable for a beginner project.  


The only challenging part was finding a suitable needle for heavy weight thread I needed for sewing the suede. Everything on the outside is the same as the last one that I made.  


The inside is lined with silk and interfaced with a fusible interfacing.  No other changes.  

The Stats

Fabrics:  0.60 metres of cork fabric, 0.60 metres of silk and 0.40 metres of suede

Interfacing:  0.60 metres fusible

Pattern:  McCall's 7851

Basting tape:  0.30 metres

Additional Tool & Supplies:  Cutting table, weights, pins, pin cushion, tailor's chalk, clothes pins, scissors, sewing machine, walking foot, a jeans sewing machine needle.

Happy Sewing!



1 comment:

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...