Sunday 30 June 2019

Burda 9794: Summertime Plaid

First, can I just say how much I adore this fabric. This is a French yarn-dyed plaid cotton which came from Emma One Sock.  It is just sublime.  And it's a light-weight cotton that will be perfect in the summer heat. 


The pattern, Burda 9792, is a well drafted pattern and a quick make.  The instructions leaves room to want more.  The instructions for the placket left me wondering why there was no mention of outlining the cut line with stitching.  Other than that, I really didn't follow the pattern instructions too closely.  

The Stats

Fabric:  1 metre 

Interfacing:  0.60 metres of fusible interfacing

Buttons:  7 - 1 cm recycled buttons

PatternBurda 9792

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, scissors, sewing machine, walking foot, buttonhole foot, thread clippers, threads, pin cushions, tailor's wax, hand sewing needle, and coffee.  

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...