Tuesday 12 March 2019

Dress Appropriately!

Is a vague phrase in the era of business casual when everyone is tip-toeing around what it really means. Why the fear to attach a definition to it? 

English Fit Puppytooth check wool suit
Source:  Burberry

Could it be in the age of fast-fashion and contract work that organizations are desperately trying to attract and keep young talent until their contract is up? The concept of casual dress codes hit the news again when Goldman Sachs, the last of the Wall Street hold outs, last week loosen their own dress codes. Yeah, the same day that Burberry took a hit on the stock market. 

Times are a changing.  Of course the slow pace towards a less formal suited look comes at a time with technical advancements in the textile industry.  Unless wearable technology could be adapted into traditional forms of dress something will have to give.    



2 comments:

  1. I abhor "business casual". My workplace is b.c. but we have a very experienced (and older) workforce and no one shows up dressed inappropriately. Within our building I am surprised by tops with cut outs, thigh-high boots and such.

    And the athleisure. Oh the athleisure...shoot me now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m a nurse so I don’t have to be bugged by my coworkers dress on a regular basis. I have been amazed by what some people will show up for an interview wearing!

    ReplyDelete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...