Sunday 30 December 2018

Long Time in the Making: OOP Vogue 1306

This project has been sitting in my forgotten pile after I goofed and stitched the perfect placket and then ruined it by sewing the gathered bust darts on the wrong side. Thankfully, there was enough left over fabric to cut another front piece. My only fear is that I started my day as day number six with no coffee, will ample amounts of water help to keep me focus?  


I wasn't willing to risk it, and had a coffee because I love the weight of this cotton knit fabric. It would have made me sad if I ruined the last remnant. And if it turned out it would be an item that I'm sure would get a lot of use.

I decided to omit the front placket and make it a plain neckline. It wasn't that I was scared to make the same mistake, I found this photo from Coco's version and thought it would be more practical for my lifestyle. Even though I like the look of the placket opening, without it this would be a more conservative look for work. I'm thrilled with how it turned out. One more change, was to straighten the hemline.


My favourite design feature, the gathered dart, remained. The pattern is now out-of-print (OOP) but there are a couple of copies currently available on Etsy. I'm holding onto my copy as I'm sure there may be another version, maybe with longer sleeves.  

The Stats


Fabric:  2.5 metres

Knit-N-Stable Tape:  2.8 meters

Pattern:  OOP Vogue 1306

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, scissors, thread clippers, sewing machine, serger, threads, iron, ironing board, tweezers, measuring gauge, measuring tape, tailor's chalk and coffee.  

Happy Sewing!  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...