Sunday 30 September 2018

In Sewing News Today...

Another end to National Sewing month and even though September was a blur there was some sewing. This year's theme, generations of memories, seemed appropriate when it came to revisiting vintage McCall's 8548 at the beginning of the month. I haven't been inspired by the latest pattern offerings. It's been the oldies, the tested and true (TNT) patterns that I've been revisiting.  Although there was one new design that made it to the sewing table. My current sewing project continues with revisiting an out-of-print pattern (OOP), Simplicity 2372.  

During National Sewing month, Carolyn from Diary of a Sewing Fanatic has been hosting give-aways and I was blessed in winning a gift card from Emmaonesock.         

I just have to decide on what to get.  I know that it would be something that is near impossible to find is my corner of the world, wool knit. According to the local fabric stores, I live in polyester polar fleece country so it is a real treat to pick natural fibre fabric from Emmaonesock. It's between a teal blue or a soft pink colour.  And then there is the question of quantity, do I want to make a sweater, Simplicity 8529, or a sweater dress, OOP Vogue 8939 or another Iris dress? Decisions! 

Well, that's all in today's sewing news. 

Happy Sewing!  






3 comments:

  1. Enjoy spending that gift card! Wool knit sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win! Have fun spending the gift card.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...