Monday 13 August 2018

Just Can't Get Enough: Vogue 1455

Seriously, in my humble opinion, Vogue 1455 is one darn cute child's dress pattern. And it's fun to sew. 


I've lost count of how many times I've made this pattern but I will say that this one was the most challenging of the bunch. It's made for a little one whose favourite colour is turquoise. I didn't see that one coming! I'm used to hearing answers of "pink" or "purple" as favourite colours, never in a million years, "turquoise."  

The challenge came in trying to find turquoise coloured fabric. I found some lovely turquoise fabric at Fabricland recently but it was a cotton / silk blend that was much too sheer for this project. And when I was about to give up on ever finding turquoise coloured fabric, I remembered I had this in my stash. Thankfully, there is still enough to make a pair of pants or a skirt because it's rare to come across this gem. It's hemp fabric that I found at Marshalls a few years ago. But it's turquoise, or as close to turquoise as I'm going to get. It does look like turquoise, right? Well, we'll find out soon because children are honest and will tell it like it is. 


The reverse side is my favourite but it's not for me, I'm just hoping that the recipient of this dress will be please and will enjoy wearing it.  There is one more to finish sewing for their older sister. I have creative rein of the next one. 

Happy Sewing!  


1 comment:

  1. Lovely dress. Yes the fabric looks turquoise to me.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...