Saturday 26 May 2018

Why?

Why, did it take me so long to make this dress? This pattern was a gift from Kisha.  Thank you!  And ever since I laid eye on it, it has been on my want-to-make list. It's a 2015 release. It's been that long!  


Every summer, I would think about sewing it up and then something pushed it's way ahead of the line. I'm just glad that I finally made it because my goodness, it's one comfortable dress and best part besides that double collar is the fact that it has pockets! I love a dress with pockets. I lengthened the hemline by three and three-quarter inches and raised the position of the side pockets an inch. Otherwise, the fit is perfect.  

The main fabric is a cotton with a wee bit of stretch.  The under collar and the under side of the upper collar is a lightweight sateen fabric. 

The Stats:  

Fabric:  2.5 metres (main and contrasting fabrics)

Interfacing:  1.9 metres non-fusible

PatternButterick 6185 (Thank you Kisha!)

Additonal Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, scissors, pins, iron, ironing board, hand sewing needle, thread, seam ripper, sewing machine, serger, walking foot, and a screwdriver.  

Happy Sewing!  


2 comments:

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...