Sunday 28 January 2018

Vogue 1567: Mad About My New Plaid Skirt

Vogue 1567 turned out to be such a fun project to sew. And I'm thrilled with the final product.


This is such a unique design and it has the most satisfying pockets.


It did come with some challenges though. The pattern pieces are quite large and demand 150 cm wide fabric to make it fit unless you want to chop it up and cut it on the cross grain. That is what I did to make my 115 cm wide fabric work. I cut the front as two pieces, the skirt and the facing which worked out just fine. And there was also some sizing issues that I need to address. The pattern had to be shortened five inches. Paco Peralta's design comes with adjustment lines to make this an effortless process. 

The fabric is decades old, a piece that originates from Toronto. It is a wool / silk / cotton blend and it handled the pre-treatment well. I pressed the fabric on the wool setting with steam.

I don't know what else to say except it's comfortable and I can't wait to wear it.   
   

The Stats:  

Fabric:  3 metres

Zipper:  55 cm invisible zipper, cut down to 25.5 cm

Seam binding:  2.3 metres 

PatternVogue 1567

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, scissors, pins, measuring tape, iron, ironing board, thread clippers, thread, sewing machine, serger, walking foot, regular sewing machine foot, invisible zipper foot, and regular zipper foot, hand needle, tailor's chalk, ruler, tailor's wax, seam ripper, screwdriver, and coffee. 

Happy Sewing!  

2 comments:

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...