Thursday 28 December 2017

In Sewing News Today...

I did it. I signed up for the 2018 RTW Fast hosted by Goodbye Valentino.

I did participate in the previous RTW fast but this one seems to be quite the year-long event with the sewing industry actively getting involved.  This is wonderful news because it will highlight the incredible work found in our sewing community.  


The purpose of the RTW fast is, as mentioned over at Goodbye Valentino, "to Save Money and Improve Your Sewing Skills." I'm a little skeptical about the saving money part as I've seen prices of sewing notions and fabrics hit the roof and beyond in recent months. Maybe I need to include a fabric fast into the mix for that to happen. But if I'm going to be serious, investing in quality fabrics has proven to be a money saving investment in the long run.  

I really would like to improve my sewing skills. This year it was the plan but my sewing mojo took a serious hit when I injured myself and it took awhile to get back in the swing of things. Maybe 2018 will be the year that I actually invest some time into making a Chanel-esque cardigan jacket that I've been dreaming about sewing for years? One thing is for certain, whatever I sew in 2018 it will continue to be in natural fibres (cotton, wools and silks).

So, what about you? Will you be joining in?  

Happy Sewing!   


2 comments:

  1. I have already signed up! Excited and scared :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up too. Look forward to seeing what will come out of this and what everyone will be making.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...