Wednesday, 3 May 2017

Vogue 9057: The Edited Version

Marcy Tilton's Vogue 9057 ended up on the cutting table again. This is the edited version.  


The hemline was straightened and shortened based on the first one. What's different is the neckline shape. In the front, I gave an inch of coverage all around and tapered off to a 1/2" at the centre back. I prefer this neckline shape. Instead of using the neckline band, I used fusible tape all around, folded it over and top-stitched in place.  


The fabric is a cotton knit panel print that I found at Fabricland in the discount section when it went on sale for a song. I have quite a bit of this left, originally picking it up to make sleepwear. There is still enough left over for the original plans. I used more fabric than the pattern calls for just because I was trying to place the pattern pieces to capture the digital print.  


The floral print was part of the design just below the facial image and it was when I was trying to capture this floral print that I went over the calculated yardage. Visionally, I think it was worth the extra fabric. And I'm happy that this will replace another ill-fitting tee-shirt that has been taking up space in my wardrobe.  


The Stats

Fabric:  2 metres

Fusible Tape:  3 metres Knit-N-Stitch™

Pattern:  Vogue 9057

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, tailor's chalk, rulers, measuring tape, sewing machine, serger, threads for the machines, thread clippers, iron, ironing board, tailor's ham, Tylenol, stretching breaks, food, and chai latte break.  

Happy Sewing!  


2 comments:

More Cotton Knickers

I refuse to buy any more knickers now that I have Simplicity 8229 in my pattern collection.   Seriously, with this pattern and som...