It is time to pack away Vogue 9057 and move onto another challenge but before I do, I have one more to show 'n tell.
This one is for Mama R and if the fabric looks familiar it is the same fabric I used for the very first one. This one far more superior from the first time I stitched it because of the fit. It is the number one reason to sew clothes, you can achieve a fit that you want (after a few tries, ha ha).
There are several changes / alterations made to this top pattern:
- Straightened the hem, eliminating the hi-lo hemline.
- Lengthened the sleeves, pattern piece 5 (view A), by one inch and stitched with a 5/8" instead of a 1" hem.
- Changed the neckline shape, adding 1" along the front curve and tapering to 3/4" at the centre back.
- Omitted the sleeve band, pattern piece 4 (view A).
- Eliminated the neckband, pattern piece 3 (view A).
- Flared the sides by 2" from the hem and tapering to medium cutting line at the armhole.
So this makes five versions of this top. I won't be keeping all of them. The first one doesn't fit around the neckline that way I like and the burgundy and this one are to be gifted to Mama R.
|Yellow top has a 1 1/2" flare, burgundy top has a 2" flare, digital print top has a 1 1/2" flare, |
and the multi-coloured top has a 2" flare. All have modified necklines.
Fabric: 2 metres polyester knit
Fusible Tape: 3 metres Knit-N-Stitch™
Pattern: Vogue 9057
Needle: Serger needle 90/14
Additional Tools & Supplies: Cutting table, pins, tailor's chalk, rulers, measuring tape, sewing machine, serger, threads for the machines, scissors, thread clippers, tweezers, screw driver, iron, ironing board, and coffee.