Thursday 22 September 2016

In Sewing News Today...

This morning at Sewing Club I discovered the

gen·er·a·tion gap
noun
  1. differences of outlook or opinion between people of different generations.



The students were choosing their projects and I was quite surprised that the most popular choice was a little smiley face that I stitched up and stuffed. I actually thought it would be the least popular but included it just for another option. I called it a "smiley face." To the younger generation of enthusiastic new sewers, it's an "emoticon." I never thought of it as an emoticon when I was sewing it up. I officially feel old and still loving sewing club. They are teaching me so much!

I haven't been sewing at all this week other than the samples since finishing Mama R's pants. I'm itching to get back to the sewing room because I splurged on a little something for myself.


It was on sale last week and I have a kAtheRine Tilton shirt in mind for this fabric. It looks like it will have to wait until the weekend.  Life has been too busy during the week to get any sewing work done. Why is it that one's sewing mojo is in full swing, when there's not much free time to be sewing?  

Well, that's all in sewing news today...

Happy Sewing!  


1 comment:

  1. That fabric totally screams a Katherine Tilton pattern:) I also think it's adorable that the kids all want to sew emoticons

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...