Wednesday 25 May 2016

Me-Made-May Update

It really was a struggle to write a MMM update get out of bed most days this week. One more week to go. How is your Me-Made-May going?    

On Sunday, May 15th, I wore 2 me-made item.
Weekend wear:  Lace print spring coat, OOP Burda 7304; red vintage cotton knit skirt; RTW Kate Spade cotton and cashmere button-front cardigan; RTW vanilla coloured lace scarf; RTW undergarments (bra and knickers).


Accessories:  Red Ralph Lauren wedged shoes; red stone ring; and black leather handbag.
Lessons learned today:  Giving small unexpected gifts can make someone feel great and that is an amazing feeling.  

On Monday, May 16th, I wore three me-made items (if only briefly).
Workwear:  Blue and white pinstriped cotton pants (Rachel Comey designer), Vogue 1507, briefly until they split and ended up in the mending pile; RTW sleeveless blue top; RTW blue and white striped linen jacket; Rachel Comey skirt, OOP Vogue 1247; RTW jeans; RTW white tee-shirt; RTW undergarments (Bra, knickers, and socks); RTW red knit lined spring jacket.


Nightwear:  Blue and black plaid flannel dress worn as a nightshirt, OOP McCall's 6600.  
Accessories:  Black Mephisto; Burgundy Hunter rubber boots; floral print sneakers; wrist brace; gray sport socks; Ray Ban sunglasses; hat; and black leather handbag.
Lessons learned today:  When you work at a school it is always a good thing to have a change of clothes in the car.  You never know what your day will bring--a whole day outdoors.  

On Tuesday, May 17th, I wore two me-made items.
Workwear:  Black light-weight wool pants, OOP Vogue 1325; RTW green and black plaid shirt; green and black hoodie, Butterick 6253; RTW undergarments (bra, knickers, black lace socks).


Nightwear:  RTW knit shirt and pants.  
Accessories:  Black leather Mephisto; black leather handbag; and wrist brace.
Lessons learned today:  Always wear sunscreen and re-apply it throughout the day. Oh, and never say, "I don't burn." The day just might come. And ouch!  Did I mention that I really miss the snow?   

On Wednesday, May 18th, I wore one me-made items.
Sick day:  RTW knit shirt and pants; animal print wrap dress, OOP vintage Vogue 7014; RTW Merlino wool cardigan; RTW undergarments (knickers, bra and black cotton socks).


Nightwear:  RTW knit shirt and pants.  
Accessories:  Black leather handbag and black suede Mephisto.  
Lessons learned today:  Home sick with a throat and sinus infection. I assumed that I wasn't feeling well because of being out in the heat all day on Monday and dealing with allergies. Boy was I wrong. Looked like a freak today as I was sporting a sunburned face,  feeling chilled and wore a sweater to a doctor's appointment while it seemed like everyone else was dressed for summer-time weather. Sewing wise, I could use some pj's.  

On Thursday, May 19th, I wore two me-made items.
Sick day:  Knit dress, Vogue 1234; white terry robe, OOP Simplicity 7417; RTW cream coloured sweater; RTW knickers.


Nightwear:  Ummm, I slept in my clothes.   
Accessories:  none.  
Lessons learned today:  Learned nothing, just suffered.   

On Friday, May 20th, I briefly wore one me-made items.
Sick day:  Knit dress, Vogue 1234; and RTW socks until I finally dragged myself to the tub for a bath and then changed into my pyjamas.


Nightwear:  RTW knit pants and nightshirt.  
Accessories:  none.  
Lessons learned today:  Sinus headaches are the worse.   

On Saturday, May 21th, I wore two me-made items.
Weekend wear:  Blue cotton knit dress, Vogue 6090 and 1312; RTW yellow cardigan; RTW undergarments (knickers and bra).


Nightwear:  Animal print flannel nightshirt, McCall's 2476; RTW blue and white polka-dot knit pants. Yea, I know they don't match and I was feeling under the weather so I didn't care.   
Accessories:  Black leather handbag; yellow sandals; Ray Ban sunglasses.   
Lessons learned today:  Dressed to run errands and then back into my jammies and bed.  

On Sunday, May 22nd, I wore two me-made items.
Weekend wear:  Black and tan striped RTW but altered knit dress; black RTW cardigan; RTW undergarments; black skirt (Marcy Tilton design), Vogue 9060; RTW Kate Spade black and white striped tee-shirt; and RTW cotton sweater.  


Nightwear:  Animal print flannel nightshirt, McCall's 2476; RTW blue and white polka-dot knit pants; SmartWool socks.  
Accessories:  Tan sling back wedge heeled shoe; black leather Mephisto; black leather handbag.   
Lessons learned today:  In my older and wiser years, I notice that I'm embracing comfort (Mephistos) over style (heels) as I changed my shoes in the church parking lot.  

On Monday, May 23rd, I wore two me-made items.
Weekend wear (Long weekend here):  Blue and white striped cotton pants (Rachel Comey design), Vogue 1507; RTW blue cotton short sleeved tee-shirt; RTW undergarments (knickers and bra).  


Nightwear:  Blue and black flannel plaid dress (worn as a nightshirt), OOP McCall's 6600.  
Accessories:  Black leather handbag; black leather Mephisto.  
Lessons learned today:  Still sick, but at least I got dressed.  

On Tuesday, May 24th, I wore two me-made items.
Workwear:   Floral knit skirt, Vogue 9060; green short sleeve shirt, Butterick 6182; RTW cream coloured sweater; RTW undergarments (knickers and bra).


Nightwear:  Blue and black flannel plaid dress (worn as a nightshirt), OOP McCall's 6600. 
Accessories:  Black leather handbag; black Mephisto (worn for comfort); tan wedged shoes (worn for work).  
Lessons learned today:  I rather admire shoes than wear them. 

Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...