Saturday 7 May 2016

Me-Made-May 2016


It really does seem silly for me to pledge to wear me-made items for a month because, I do wear me-made items daily. I just don't document it until Me-Made-May (MMM) rolls around, there is a whole winter wardrobe that remains unseen in action. I'm participating because it is insightful in finding where needs might fall. So here goes, this is how my first week of MMM unfolded.

On Sunday, May 1st, I wore four me-made items.
Daywear:     Back wrap silk dress, out-of-print (OOP) McCall's 8823; black RTW seamless bra; black RTW cotton underwear; black and white tweed jacket (worn in the morning), OOP Vogue 8916; light-weight burgundy and gray cardigan sweater, Vogue 8975.


Nightwear:  Brushed cotton plaid dress worn as a nightshirt, OOP McCall's 6600; RTW black cotton undies.       
Accessories: Black leather handbag; black leather Birkenstock (worn at home); tan coloured leather wedged shoes; black suede Mephisto slip-ons (worn in the backyard); long black chain necklace.
Lessons learned today:  The me-made undies in my drawer are not the ones that I reach for, I need to recreate these Evita cotton undies. Oh and that burgundy and gray cardigan is not the best choice when working with marinade in the kitchen unless marinade dipped ribbon ends is the look one is going for.   

On Monday, May 2nd I wore three me-made items.
Workwear:   Black wool pants, OOP Vogue 1312; white and black top, Butterick 5891; beige RTW seamless bra; black RTW cotton underwear; RTW black wool socks.  
Nightwear:   Brushed cotton plaid dress worn as a nightshirt, OOP McCall's 6600; RTW cotton underwear; SmartWool® socks.


Accessories:  Black leather handbag; Birkenstocks (worn at home); Mephistos worn for comfort when outside; tan suede desert boots worn at work; wrist braces; and Ray Ban sunglasses.
Lessons learned today:  Even though it is hot outside, wool is a good thing to have for those chilly air-conditioned workplaces.  

On Tuesday, May 3rd, I wore three me-made items.
Workwear:  Blue Rachel Comey skirt, OOP Vogue 1247; white and cream coloured top, OOP Vogue 1774; beige coloured seamless RTW bra; white cotton RTW knickers; lace RTW scarf.
Nightwear:   Animal print flannel pyjamas, McCall's 2476.


Accessories:  Black leather handbag; Mephistos worn for comfort when outside; tan coloured wedge shoes worn at work; wrist brace; Ray Ban sunglasses.
Lessons learned today:  Don't be deceived by the gorgeous sunshine, it would have been smart to have a jacket in the car.  


On Wednesday, May 4th, I wore three me-made items.  
Workwear:  Blue lace knit top, OOP McCall's 7946; Silk Lynn Mizono dress, Vogue 1410; RTW bra and knickers; RTW cream coloured cotton knit cardigan.


Nightwear:  Animal print flannel pyjamasMcCall's 2476.
Accessories:  Black leather handbag; black lunch bag; black Mephistos worn for comfort when outside; tan coloured wedge shoes worn at work; wrist brace; animal print hairband.
Lessons learned today:  Some days you just want to wear something new.  

On Thursday, May 5th, I wore two me-made items.  
Workwear:  Yellow and blue linen dress, Vogue 9107; RTW seamless bra; RTW cotton knickers.


Nightwear:  Animal print flannel pyjamasMcCall's 2476.
Accessories:  Black leather handbag; black Mephistos worn for comfort when outside; yellow sandals; wrist brace.


Lessons learned today:  According to some young people at work, my version of Vogue 9107 looks like Snow White's dress from the back view. Who knew that sometimes I dress like a cartoon character?  

On Friday, May 6th, I wore three me-made items.
Workwear:  RTW black knit mock wrap skirt; RTW short sleeved red and black pullover sweater; blue Katherine Tilton jacket, Butterick 6253; RTW bra and knickers.


Nightwear:  Pink velour pants and tunicVogue 9193; RTW gray cotton socks.
Accessories:  Black handbag; burgundy Mephistos worn for comfort; and tan coloured wedged shoes worn at work.
Lessons learned today:  Mock wrap skirts aren't the best choice for windy days.  Best to check the weather forecast before getting dressed.  

Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous wardrobe. The Vogue 1410 outfit is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these!-i have made nearly all those patterns too.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...