It has been a rough weekend. I've been recovering from some stomach ailment. Feeling sick of being sick, I thought I would do some hand-stitching to a collar that I'm working on.
Using The Dressmaker's Handbook of Couture Sewing Techniques, I made a ribbon-trimmed collar band.
The band was already sewn to the neckline when I sat down to hand-stitch the band facing in place. Everything was going smoothly when I decided to remove the hand basting that was showing when I clipped my fabric just below the neckline. If I didn't already feel sick to my stomach, this have likely would have pushed me in that direction.
And this is where my current sewing project became my mending project. I either needed to start this project over or patch the clipped fabric.
I decided to patch it with some of the ribbon that I used on the ribbon-trimmed collar band. The cut was treated with Fray Check® and then top-stitched the ribbon over the damaged fabric.
Thankfully, it is unseen under the collar.
Some days are not meant for sewing and work out better as mending days. But I think I should be mending myself with some chicken broth instead of hanging out at the sewing table. ~Sigh~