Wednesday 2 December 2015

I've Lost Count.

Stash-busting 2015:  Vogue 1455

This is another Lynn Mizono dress that will be gifted as a Christmas gift.  


I wasn't planning on making dresses this early in the school year but since I was asked to make the blue dresses, it didn't seem right to wait until the end of the year for this one.  


The Pattern:


This reversible dress pattern is one of my favourite make of 2015. I think I have showered this pattern with enough praise with the six (I've lost count but I think this is number seven) previous versions I have made. You would think that making this dress up about a half dozen times I would be able to whip it together with no problem.  


It didn't work out that way when it came to sewing the shoulder seam and instead of sewing the front to the back dress at the shoulder I ended up sewing the backs to the backs at the shoulder. Yeah, thank goodness for seam rippers.  

Let me just leave this section saying that I highly recommend this pattern even though I think it has come time to retire this pattern. In my humble opinion, I think the cute factor is through the roof on this one.  


The Fabric:



This side of the reversible dress is made with a length of left-over fabric from this project for the main part and the contrast band is made in the same indigo wax katagami fabric just a different print. It is a 100% cotton fabric with the most beautiful hand.  


And the reverse side is made in the same cotton fabrics as this one. The floral print fabric is a cotton with a wee bit of stretch and the polka dot fabric is a lightweight cotton without any stretch. 

All the fabrics were pre-treated with a tumble in the washing machine, dryer, and a pressing with a hot iron before they were cut out. 

  
The Stats:

Fabric:      2.8 metres of various cotton fabrics

Ribbon:    2 metres 

Buttons:    4 (recycled)

Pattern:     Vogue 1455 (already priced out in previous versions)

Thread:      Used various colours   

Additional tools and supplies:  Sewing machine, serger, pins, scissors, iron, ironing board, buttonhole foot.  


Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...