Wednesday 30 September 2015

September in Review

Sewing

This marks the end of National Sewing Month. This year's theme is Sew for the Charity of It! I didn't manage to complete any charity sewing this month but I am getting ready to sew four angel costumes for the upcoming Advent concert at work. Did you manage to fit any charity sewing this month?  

L to R:  Butterick 6182, OOP McCall's 2485, OOP New Look 6107, Vogue 8975, Butterick 6097

It was actually a quiet sewing month as I spent most of my free time wearing a wrist brace, again. This was starting to annoy me and cut into the one thing that I love to do. And that would be sewing. I finally went to the doctor's office after the swelling wasn't settling down reaching my I-can't-stand-being-out-of-sewing-room point. Thankfully, I have a gel that seems to be helping with the swelling and pain and hopefully will be back in the sewing room in no time.   


RTW Fast

I'm really proud of myself that I made some gym gear this month because that has been a RTW downfall in the past. I did, however, fall off the RTW Fast wagon when I picked up a pair of cotton tights.


Stats

Sewing Supplies
Used from Stash (this year)
Additions to the stash (this year)
Basting Tape
5.71 metres

Bias Tape
0.5 metres

Buttons
52

Chain

1.3 metres
Elastic
1.63 metres

Fabric
88.64 metres
114.2 metres
Interfacing
4.16 metres

Lace Trim
1.2 metres
6 metres
Lining
1.9 metres

Needles


Hooks and Eyes


Pattern
16 previously used
25 new
22
Ribbon
24.75 metres
13 metres
Serger Thread
2

Sewing Machine Needle
5

Snaps
4

Spools of Thread
13
4
Velcro


Zipper
1 - 22" separating
4 - 22” invisible
1 - 12" invisible
2 - 8”  invisible
1 - 7" invisible
1 - 8" regular
1 - 18" zipper
1 - 8" invisible
1 - 22" invisible 
  
ItemsTotals-to-date
Tops / Shirts
5
Pants / Shorts
2
Dresses
15
Sweaters
2
Coats / Cape
1
Jackets
6
Skirts
4
Hats
0



Happy Sewing!  




1 comment:

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...