Wednesday 19 August 2015

In Sewing News Today...

I bought myself a birthday present. Oh, it was my birthday a couple of days ago.


Isn't it lovely. Fabricland is currently having a sale on their sewing baskets. My sewing table has never looked so organized and tidy. It is even large enough to hide hold my large fabric scissors--love it!  

And yesterday, this pattern came in the mail.


Yeah, I spoiled myself this birthday. I can't wait to get to work on this one. Right now I'm working on my outfit for the Pattern Review "Inspired by Books" contest.

In other sewing news, have you hit the fabric stores lately? They are filling up the discount sections with the summer fabrics and starting to display the fall/winter lines. Biggest surprise is that velvet and stretch velvet has a salient position in the fabric store. Holy Batgirl (RIP by the way), I have velvet and stretch velvet sitting in my stash! Goodness, goes to show you that if you hold onto something long enough it comes back in style. Perhaps a stretch velvet cat-suit? Just kidding.

Well, that is all in sewing news today. I'm off to pick up some elastic for my Pattern Review contest entry. Hope to have it finished soon.

Happy Sewing!






5 comments:

  1. Happy Belated birthday! Issey !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Issey!, I know! I am currently working on a couple of jackets and then it is onto this pattern.

      Delete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!
    Glad to hear about the stretch velvet, I'll have to did mine out for the cooler months!
    Bonnie @ www.sewplus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was totally taken aback when I saw a table of stretch velvet. I made a turtleneck dress with Vogue 8939 in the past that might work with a stretch velvet.

      Delete

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...