Monday 31 August 2015

August in Review...

Sewing

Clockwise top L to R:  White shirt--OOP Vogue 1774, Tweed jacket--OOP Vogue 8916, Blue pull-over
top
--Butterick 6182, Hoodie--Butterick 6253, Reversible Girls Dress--Vogue 1455, Green pull-over
top
--Butterick 6182, Multi-coloured jacket--Vogue 9135 and Striped skirt--OOP Vogue 5790.

It really hasn't been a productive month of sewing considering that I'm currently laid-off from work and I had big plans to make a Chanel-esque cardigan jacket.  I can't really say that my sewing mojo has been on vacation, more that I'm taking it easy on my hand which has been prone to swelling around my wrist. Even though I've been taking it easy, I did manage to get a few items done.

My favourite would be the outfit I made for the "Inspired by Books" contest hosted by Pattern Review.  


RTW Fast


Once again, I failed at my RTW fast pledge. It happened when I needed a swimsuit for an aqua fit class that popped up before I had time to even consider sewing one. Thankfully, that was last weekend and I scored a suit on the clearance rack.  


Stats

Sewing Supplies
Used from Stash (this year)
Additions to the stash (this year)
Basting Tape
5.71 metres

Bias Tape
0.5 metres

Buttons
43

Chain

1.3 metres
Elastic
1.63 metres

Fabric
79.94 metres
100.6 metres
Interfacing
3.16 metres

Lace Trim
1.2 metres
6 metres
Lining
1.9 metres

Needles


Hooks and Eyes


Pattern
12 previously used
24 new
22
Ribbon
23.25 metres
13 metres
Serger Thread
2

Sewing Machine Needle
4

Snaps
4

Spools of Thread
13
4
Velcro


Zipper
1 - 22" separating
3 - 22” invisible
1 - 12" invisible
2 - 8”  invisible
1 - 7" invisible
1 - 8" regular
1 - 18" zipper
1 - 8" invisible
1 - 22" invisible 
  
ItemsTotals-to-date
Tops / Shirts
3
Pants / Shorts
2
Dresses
14
Sweaters
1
Coats
0
Jackets
5
Skirts
4
Hats
0



Happy Sewing!  


2 comments:

  1. I like your idea for the month in review. It makes you feel like you accomplished something more than just one piece or another. Sorry to hear of your wrist/hand ailment. Hope you'll be back to full strength sewing in the near future. Your August sewing was very nice. I like the jacket. Great job! See me @ www.sewplus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...