Sunday, 28 June 2015

Vintage Boy's Shirt


Stash-busting 2015:  Simplicity 4166

Fabric:           1.14 metres (1 1/4 yards) 100% cotton

Interfacing:    0.11 metre (1/8 yard) fusible interfacing

Buttons:         4 vintage buttons

Pattern:          Vintage Simplicity 4166


I made this short sleeve shirt for a friend's son who likes to wear ties. Lately he hasn't been able to because the temperatures have made a long sleeve dress shirt a crazy option. Sew a short sleeve dress shirt seemed like the perfect project.  


I found the pattern on etsy and was thrilled when it was a local seller selling it. I felt confident that it would arrive in ample time to whip this up before the end of the school year. The envelope did arrive in record time but it was the wrong pattern. But luck was on my side as the seller quickly sent the correct pattern on it's way and this was a quick make.  

Maybe I should rephrase that... I took a few shortcuts since I was short on time. Instead of sewing flat felled seams I opted to use my serger to finished the seams.  

The fabric, buttons, interfacing and thread were all found in my stash. The fabric has been in my stash for quite some time to be completely honest I don't know where or when I picked it up. The four buttons were left over from a used package and turned out to be the perfect amount. White thread is a staple in my stash so there was no worries about matching here.  

Well, one more wee-item to sew... 

Happy Sewing!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Graffiti Print Tee-shirt

I made another tee-shirt with my tried and true (TNT) Vogue 9057 . This time I went with a Rayon/Lycra® blend, listed as one of the recomme...