Monday 15 June 2015

In Sewing News Today...

Guess what I found when I was out and about this weekend?  


I was all over this ornamental Singer sculpture. But wait, it gets better. It sits on top of a little box.  


Perfect for storing my sewing machine needles. Cute and functional, what more can a gal ask for?  

In other sewing news, I'm having a hard time deciding on the next set of fabrics for the final version of Vogue 1455.  


The little gal who will get the next dress likes the colour yellow. I was thinking about using the black and white prints before I discovered that important piece of information. And then I discovered this yellow piece in my stash. 

What do you think about the cream and white fabric (top left) for the main dress part with the opposite black and white print (bottom right) as the hem band? The reverse side I'm thinking the yellow for the main dress part with the white and black print (bottom left) for the contrasting hem band. Do you thing the prints are too matchy-matchy?  


Or I could go with these fabrics... The yellow in the centre I could use for the main dress piece with the orange fabric as the hem band. And for the reverse side, I was thinking the white and cream fabric for the main dress piece with the darker yellow (top right) as the contrast hem band.  

Decisions! Which fabric combination do you think I should chose? Opinions are most welcome.  

Well, that's all in sewing news today.  Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...