Wednesday 22 April 2015

New McCall's Patterns

McCall's released their summer line last night. Have you checked them out?

McCall's 7154 and McCall's 7153 from their Archive Collection would be a perfect creations for a Great Gasby party!  


I'm quite smitten over the Hollywood glamour of this dress.  


Out here in the prairies there is rarely an occasion for such a beautiful dress unless perhaps someone would made it up as a wedding dress. It would make a gorgeous wedding dress as well.  


I really like how McCall's created this dress with the directional stripes. Now this dress I could see myself wearing except I don't need another dress pattern.

To be completely honest if there is one pattern that I would pick up from this release it would be the swimsuit pattern despite the fact that I don't swim.  


It is the bottoms of McCall's 7168 that I have my eyes on. I wouldn't mind trying to make those bottoms into a pair of knickers with lace on the side front panels.  

How about you?  Were there any McCall's summer patterns that caught your eye?  

Happy Sewing!  


3 comments:

  1. the first dress is stunning, but as I said in other blog where can I go dress like that? Maybe to a Suppressed Desire Party!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was disappointed in this release and yet happy because that meant I wouldn't be adding to my pattern stash, that is until you mentioned the bathing suit pattern I somehow missed. That pattern has possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! I never thought of making the bathing suit pattern into briefs! I love looking at the new patterns. I don't think I am tempted though.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...