Thursday 30 April 2015

April in Review...

Sewing

It was not a productive month for sewing. I only managed to complete two projects. 
  

This month I've lost my sewing mojo and am desperately trying to find it again. In the mean-time, I've been reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. A few people in the blogging community have recommended this read. It is an interesting read. And so I've been busy this month putting some of Marie Kondo's techniques into practice and asking, "does this spark joy?"  In doing so, I hope to re-discover my sewing mojo which I suspect is buried under a pile of fabric.  

RTW Fast

I bought some knickers, since the fair trade fabric that I was so proud of purchasing hasn't held up all that well. Besides undergarments are on the allowed item list so I'm going to forgive myself on this one until I find my sewing mojo and get my hands of the new McCall's 7168 pattern. I think those swimsuit bottoms would make some retro fun knickers. 


Stats


Sewing Supplies
Used from Stash
Additions to the stash
Basting Tape
2.08 metres

Bias Tape


Buttons


Chain

1.3 metres
Elastic


Fabric
22.05 metres
46.9 metres
Interfacing
0.35 metres

Lace Trim
1.2 metres
6 metres
Lining


Needles


Hooks and Eyes


Pattern
2 previously used
8 new
14
Ribbon
1.2 metres
7 metres
Serger Thread


Sewing Machine Needle
2

Snaps


Spools of Thread
2
3
Velcro


Zipper
1 - 22” invisible
1 - 12" invisible
1 - 8”  invisible
1 - 7" invisible
1 - 18" zipper
1 - 8" invisible
  
ItemsTotals-to-date
Tops
3
Pants / Shorts
1
Dresses
4
Sweaters
0
Coats
0
Jackets
0
Skirts
2
Hats
0


Happy Sewing!  


1 comment:

  1. I was wondering why I hadn't seen a post from you in so long (I read most blogs through the bloglovin app) but I see you've still been posting. Are you no longer on bloglovin or did I somehow totally miss your posts?

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...