Monday 9 February 2015

The Tim Gunn Project: The Missing Pieces.

Okay, I'll admit there are times when I stand in front of my closet doors and think that I don't have anything to wear. Like this morning, when it was Maui Monday at work. I had nothing in my closet to fit the day's theme. But I digress... 

Sometimes, when it is not themed-dress days at work, I still find myself struggling to pick an outfit. I'm guilty of sewing items that I want over things that I need. So, I thought it might be a good time to do some assessing of my wardrobe and revisit Tim Gunn's Guide to Style for some help.

1.  I'm covered in the Basic Black Dress department. No need to say anymore on this topic.  

2.  Day Dress department is well taken care of as well.  

3.  I have one Classic White Shirt that I absolutely love but I have to admit that I wouldn't mind adding another long sleeve white shirt.

4.  And here we have a missing piece, the Classic Blazer.   



Oh, and I've been meaning to add one of these to my wardrobe for quite some time now...


5.  No need for anymore Dress Pants.  

6.  Ah, the Trench Coat.  I don't need a trench coat but I do have one cut out, waiting for me to get over my fear of bound buttonholes. And it is cut in red sateen fabric, it will be a fun coat to wear when the weather warms up.  


7.  I really need to make a well-fitting Pair of Jeans.  

8.  The Skirt department is well-taken care of, as well.  

9.  Cashmere Sweater is already found in my wardrobe. 

10.  Sweatsuit Alternative is a hard one for me. I'm not a the sort of person who wears exercise gear or yoga wear out in public.  But if I were to add an indulgence piece or two that I would like, I would say a cardigan sweater or perhaps a vest.  

Now that I have a plan, I just need to find some sewing mojo, time and get to work.  

Happy Sewing!  





1 comment:

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...