Saturday 28 February 2015

February in Review...

Sewing


Vogue 8939
There hasn't been much sewing this month because the brutally cold weather and cold season has been playing havoc on my sewing mojo.  I did manage however to pull off one dress before this head cold had a chance to overstay its welcome. Actually this cold was never welcomed.  

I made big plans this month, forty chemo caps to be donated to Manitoba Cancer Care. I've managed to gather up my fabrics. And I have the pattern that I wish to use. But that is it. I really must get moving on this project. A co-worker of mine has offered to help out with cutting. How sweet is that--and totally appreciated now that I am behind schedule. 

Vogue 1521 Spring coat pattern
Most of my pre-Lent season sewing has been on the vintage Vogue coat. Lots of hand-stitching and behind-the-scene stitching. I can't wait to finish this project and wear it in the spring.





RTW Fast

I stumbled this month.  Do you remember when I saw this sweater?  


I picked it up and brought it home to measure and plot out my own version in a cotton knit. Well, I did return it only to be tempted by it once again when this cashmere sweater was further reduced down to 75% off. I'm justifying this RTW fast fail with the fact that it has been very cold this winter, it fits and of course, I'm weak. And surprisingly, I can live with myself. 

Yeah, it hasn't been a good month for sticking to the plans.

Sewing Supplies
Used from Stash
Additions to the stash
Basting Tape
1.12 metres

Bias Tape


Buttons


Chain

1.3 metres
Elastic


Fabric
12.4 metres
13.8 metres
Interfacing
0.35 metres

Lace


Lining


Needles


Hooks and Eyes


Pattern
2 previously used
3 new
6
Ribbon

7 metres
Serger Thread


Sewing Machine Needle
1

Snaps


Spools of Thread
1

Velcro


Zipper
1 - 22” invisible
1 - 7”  invisible

  
Items Totals-to-date
Tops
0
Pants
0
Dresses
3
Sweaters
0
Coats
0
Jackets
0
Skirts
1
Hats
0

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about your monthly plan. There's always next month. I found your table of sewing supplies interesting. I need this table so I have an idea of what it in my stash and what is going out. You have inspired me to be better organised. Now that is an achievement! Thanks, Katherine PS. great blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this chart too! I'm not buying fabric right now, but should still account for my other spending!

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...