Wednesday 31 December 2014

December in Review...

Sewing

It was (mostly) all about holiday sewing this month.  


The year breakdown looks more like this,


I don't have 21 dresses in my closet. Some were gifts and many are in Mama R's closet. Even though I did sew for others most of the sewing was the selfish kind for moi.


Sewing Club sewing was listed under work but I should clarify that was volunteer work. I didn't get paid or reimbursed for the supplies used from my own stash. Unless of course you measure payment in the form of the absolute joy I got from watching the kids make their own Christmas stockings.  

RTW Fast

One year, one purchase.  It was a vintage Persian lambs wool jacket. I can't believe with all the gift cards that I received this month for the shopping centre that I wasn't even tempted to use them towards clothing. Or shoes! Despite the one slip up, I am going to continue with the fast in 2015.

Stats

Well, I did manage to put a small dent into my stash despite adding to it throughout the year. I managed to stash-bust some of that fabric stash but at the same time I added more than I busted in the notion and pattern department.

I'm going to have to work on my stash-busting next year. I'm starting with not renewing my Fabricland membership. No seriously. They changed the discounts on their membership and I haven't been all that impressed with the fabrics. For quite some time they have been catering to the home decor crowd and quilters. And besides, I think I can go through another year of sewing without adding anymore to the stash. We'll see how that goes...


Items
Stash-busted
Added to Stash
Fabric
145.3
meters
101.2 meters
Interfacing
5.15 meters

Lining
3.5 meters
3 metres
Sewing Patterns
28
31
Spools of Thread
30
14
Sewing Needles
8
0
Pant Hooks
6
6
Zippers
17
6
Trim 
0.40 meters
10
Elastic
9.2 meters
12 meters
Bias Tape
7.3 meters
0
Snaps
3
0
Buttons
53
12
Ribbon
3.5
6 metres
Hook and Eye or other Closures
5
5
Basting Tape
14.2 meters
6 packages

Happy Sewing!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...