Monday 29 September 2014

I may have missed...

I may have missed another American Sewing Expo event (one year I hope to make it). But I had the best morning ever at the Sewing Club.


We started the club in September so that we can work this year's National Sewing Month theme into the first class. Sew for the creativity of it is this year's theme and the kids were shown a sample stocking. 

Did I mention they will be making Christmas stockings? Well, yes. We're making Christmas stockings using McCall's 6674

McCall's 6674
We are encouraging the kids to make their own Christmas stocking as creatively as they want. They will learn how to cross-stitch, along with the chain stitch, blanket stitch and saddle stitch

The sewing kits were a hit. They thought they were cute and asked if they can keep them.



To celebrate National Sewing Month we had custom-made Imperial cookies created by High Tea Bakery. Oh my goodness, they did an amazing job! And they were a hit with the kids. It was a lovely start to Sewing Club.  


I can't wait to see how their stocking turn out.  

Happy Sewing!  


2 comments:

  1. Those biscuits are just brilliant! They look too good to eat, but I'm sure you did. Little stockings are such a great idea, they will be a great hit at Christmas ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't eat any--I am on a gluten-free diet. They do look yummy and the kids and my co-workers cleared off the plate. So I can assume they were a hit!

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...