Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Kickin Knickers

Stash busting 2014:  Butterick 6031 (x2)

Fabric:   0.8 metres

Elastic:  4 meters



Oh my goodness, this is the best pattern for knickers that I have in my stash. This is Butterick 6031 from the "Patterns by Gertie" line. And they are so comfortable. Best part, the full butt coverage. The low cut legs are very comfortable too. This is the second pair using this pattern. For this pair I cut my fabric two inches higher at the waistline for what Gertie referred to as "an authentic '50s look." 

The fabric is left-over from the McCall's maxi skirt that I made last week. It is a fair trade cotton knit and with the scraps I made two knickers.  The elastic was in my stash that I picked up earlier this year. I had enough of the same elastic to finish off both pairs. Looks like I can cross off "make some well-fitting knickers [a]nd then make some more" off my 2014 sewing goals list.

Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Neckline Fitting Issues

Vogue 9237 presented some neckline fitting issues. It may be the changes that I made to the pattern that has contributed to the I-feel-lik...