Thursday 31 July 2014

July in Review

Sewing

There has been a lot of sewing this month, nine items in total (one pair of knickers is missing from the collage). I finally finished the jacket for Mama R that I should have finished last year. And then she took the opportunity to throw more sewing my way.



Even though I did manage to squeeze in a few more than a few projects for myself I still haven't started that Chanel-esque jacket I was hoping to make this summer. So much to sew, so little time! It is all good, I'm grateful for the sewing time.


RTW Fast

I'm happy to report, I was good this month.


One hundred fifty-two days to go. Can that be right?


Stash busting

I haven't been as good when it came to stash busing. Our parish priest sent some fabric my way not knowing that he was enabling my fabricholicism. God bless him.  But he wasn't the only one who enabled my fabric addiction, I'm pleading guilty to adding more fabric to my stash and will have to take some of the blame. My bad.



Items
Stash-busted
Added to Stash
Fabric
77.1
meters
61.5 meters
Interfacing
2.7 meters
0
Lining
1.5 meters
0
Sewing Patterns
20
20
Spools of Thread
21
9
Sewing Needles
7
0
Pant Hooks
5
6
Zippers
7
1
Trim 
0.40 meters
10
Elastic
6.2 meters
12 meters
Bias Tape
2 meters
0
Snaps
1
0
Buttons
51
12
Ribbon
0.5
0
Hook and Eye or other Closures
4
0
Basting Tape
5.4 meters
0

The Month of Pattern Give-aways

This month I've been trying to find good homes for some of my un-used patterns. Many of my patterns in my pattern stash are ones that no longer fit my body. This month, there were eight patterns that have found new homes where they will be used and appreciated (my hope for them). Stay tuned on Sunday evenings when more pattern give-aways will appear next month too.

Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration to me-there is always something on your sewing table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks. That is really sweet of you to say. It is easier during the summer when I'm laid-off from work to get more sewing projects completed. It is the perfect stay-cation.

      Delete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...