Thursday 12 June 2014

Loungewear for Mama R

Stash busting 2014:  Butterick 3576

Fabric:    3.4 metres

Pattern:   Vintage Butterick 3576, circa 1970s

Buttons:  7 clear buttons

Have you ever sewn anything that you are too ashamed to even photograph? I have.

Mama R wanted a housecoat for some time now. She even had the fabric picked out. Sadly, it did not turn out. The pattern, Butterick 3576, was an uninspiring pattern at best. The fabric was not my choice at all. Mama R offered it for the housecoat because she was trying to stash bust. The two together created an epic fail. Um, I mean I created an epic fail.

I don't even want to photograph it. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Mama R has it earmarked for the next donation pick-up. It is that bad.

Well, at least I can admit that I sometimes sew ugly things.

Happy Sewing!



4 comments:

  1. Sorry:( That is THE risk with sewing -- after all that work we may still hate it! Thankfully, most of the time that is not what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is okay that it happened, I'm going to have to find the lesson in this one. Maybe trust my instincts about fabric choice.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear! That bad ... well hopefully someone, somewhere might think it is a great make. Usually your sewing is spot on ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that bad. Maybe someone might like the fabric and remake it into something new. One can hope.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...