Friday, 2 May 2014

Summer-time Baby Dress

Stash-busting 2014:  Baby Dress

Fabric:  0.8 metre 100% cotton

Buttons:  6 clear small buttons

Interfacing:  0.3 metre

I made this dress a while ago but I couldn't post it here until I delivered it. This is the second dress I made with this pattern, Burda 9752. The first time I made this dress I made it in a knit fabric. This one is made in a light-weight printed cotton.

This fabric has been in my fabric stash for a couple of years now. I picked it up two metres of this print with thoughts of making a shirt but I think it is adorable in this dress. It will be perfect for those hot summer days (when they finally get here). There is still enough of this fabric to make another dress just like this one. But if I did that, it wouldn't be a one-of-a-kind dress. Hmmm, what to do with the other metre?  



I think the pattern is great. Although, I'm not a huge fan of the pattern instructions. Luckily, this is not a complicated pattern. It is a multi-sized pattern. The dress is sewn in a 12 month size. 


There is no trim on the collar. I wish I had some pretty trim in my stash but I didn't and the selection of trim in the fabric stores are pretty sad. I left the elastic off the sleeve finish since the pattern does not give you a guide as to the length to cut the elastic. Instead, it recommends measuring from the model. This was not possible in this case. The sleeve and skirt hems are finished with a narrow hem.  

I would totally recommend this pattern.   

Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

In Sewing News Today...

I picked up some new cotton fabrics recently to make microwave cozies and here is the latest one. I'm calling this one, "Wa...