Saturday 1 February 2014

In Sewing News Today...

There hasn't been much sewing. Instead, I have been using my seam ripper. I'm making a dress, this dress.


Foolishly, I decided to make this dress without sewing a muslin first. I should have made a muslin version first because then I would have remembered these hips and the fact that there might not be enough ease in that area. This is a tough lesson for me to learn. I just wanted to sew.  

Luckily, I was able to remove the stitching and replace it with the narrowest seam allowance possible on the back, side and front seams. It worked. And that was a close call. 

Happy Sewing!  




1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful pattern! I am sorry you had to adjust, I hate when that happens to me too. It is always the day when you just want to knock out a pattern when everything throws you for a loop.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...