Thursday 20 February 2014

In Sewing News Today...


I mentioned that I went to the fabric store this past weekend. I actually went there in search of fabric to finish off my Sybil Connolly dress. Yes, I'm over my "I'll never sew this dress ever again" moment. I'm happy that I was able to find some fabric left and the project is back on the work table even though this dress is proving to be quite the challenge. Good thing I enjoy a good challenge (when I'm not having a moment).

Besides, the dress is orange and navy and well...


How can I not finish it? That would just be wrong. The lining facing piece is cut out and as soon as I find some free time I'll get right to work. There will be some serious hand-stitching so I might leave it until the weekend.

In other sewing news, the sewing drawer was getting low on projects so I spent this past long weekend cutting and restocking.


I have a lovely cream coloured fabric cut out to make a jacket and thought about this button.


I picked it up while in Gimli and I have been saving it for just the right project. And now I can't find it.


The horror! Now, I have to turn my sewing space upside down in search of the button. The upside is that at least my sewing space is getting organized. It has been long overdue. I hope I find the button.    

Well, that's all in sewing news today.  

Happy Sewing!  


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with finding the button. I've been looking for a piece of applique for 3 years!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I still have not found the button but I'm looking. Thank you for the lovely write-up over at you blog. I was surprised! It was totally sweet. And I'm not worthy, I've also had and shared my fair share of sewing bloopers.

      Wishing you luck with finding the applique. Hopefully we'll find our lost treasures.

      Delete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...