Tuesday 10 December 2013

In Sewing News Today...

{Source}

There has been no sewing since finishing off the concert costumes Sunday night. Instead, I spent the evening cleaning up the workspace and machines. I'm not finished. There is a great deal more to put away and clean up when I come home from work. It will certainly be nice to get rid of all the clutter that ensued with that unexpected project. 

While I was cleaning, I started to wonder who I was kidding? You know, when I wrote about trying to start and finish a lined jacket for Mama R. Sometimes I can be such a dreamer. Foolish, silly dreamer.

I'm trying to get things ready, just eight more days and then I'll be forced to slow down. It will be the perfect time for some slow sewing.  

{Source}

Yup, I said slow sewing. That actually should be my 2014 sewing resolution, slow sewing: take things slow, enjoy the process, pay attention to detail, do more hand sewing. Haha, I wonder how long that would last?

Well, since I'll be laid up for awhile I'm trying to gather up all the mending and hand sewing that I might feel up to doing. The plan is to keep it near by incase the sewing bug hits.  

{Source}

I think I'll cut and throw in the pattern pieces that I'll need to baste with underlining too. Sooo, much to do. But first, I have got to warm up the car and get to work.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...