Sunday 1 September 2013

The Tim Gunn Project

Next up:  The Classic White Shirt.

I pinked the edges of my white fabric and threw it in the wash for a pre-shrink. Well you wouldn't believe how much it frayed!

I don't believe that there is 50% cotton in this fabric by the amount of fraying, the other 50% is suppose to be polyester. I'm going to take care with pressing this fabric.

Moving along, I changed my mind on the pattern when I stumbled across Burda 7136. I've read some great reviews and I'm going to give this pattern a whirl.

It has sleeve plackets and even french cuffs! For this white shirt I'm going to make style A. Burda lists this pattern on it's website as a vintage design. Whatever they want to call it, I think this pattern will work as a classic white shirt.

Happy Sewing!  

2 comments:

  1. Your fabric is really lovely, and the pattern looks like a great one for a classic white shirt. Looking forward to your completed shirt and review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope to start sewing it tomorrow.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...