Monday 2 September 2013

In Sewing News Today...

I just finished watching The Great Gatsby. I know, it was released months ago.  

The costumes were just fantastic, I can see why there are so many Gatsby themed parties and sew-alongs occur every year.  

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie and will recommend it if you haven't already had a chance to see it. It is a great movie to kick-start your sewing mojo.  Mine has been wavering a bit lately.  

Talking about movies, have you seen Lee Daniel's The Butler? Another movie that I will recommend. There are a few sewing scenes in the movie but that is not the reason I recommend it. Don't worry I won't spoil it. But I will say that the costume department on this film also did a great job.  

I did manage to get two projects cut out this weekend. Another pair of pants using Vogue 1325. I'm sure you are probably sick of me talking about this pattern. I just can't help myself, it is one of my favourite patterns at the moment. The next pair of pants will be in a black suit-weight British wool.  

The other project is the Burda 7136 shirt pattern. I did cut it out with a few pattern alterations. 

First, I went up a couple of sizes where the shirt moves towards the hip measurement. I always tend to find this a problem area in RTW shirts. The other issue is the sleeve length, I shortened it significantly and now wonder how it will look with the placket which appears to come all the way up to my elbow now. We'll have to just wait and see how it turns out. I'm on the fence about the back darts. I'm planning on basting those before I commit to actually stitching the darts in place.  I hope to fit in some sewing time later today.  

Well, that is all in sewing news for now...

Happy Sewing!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lowering the White Flag: The DVF Reissued 50th Anniversary Wrap Dress / Vogue 2000

  I have to admit, I do like this DVF wrap dress that Vogue patterns re-issued earlier this year.  I'm just sad that this one doesn'...