Friday 16 August 2013

In Sewing News Today...

Guess what! I was over at Butterick's Facebook page because I submitted pictures of my kAtheRine Tilton top, B5891 and I was looking over the comments. Guess who saw the pictures?



Yes, the Tilton sisters (Marcy and Katherine) saw it! Oh my goodness and they like it too. I'll have to admit that I'm tickled pink that it made them smile. How cool is that? About as cool as the pattern! That's for sure.

In other sewing news, the jeans are coming together quickly.

I discovered recently that Value Village can be a treasure trove for the sewing enthusiast. Can you believe that I found a bag of overlock thread for $2.99? I still can not believe it.

Three spools were the perfect match for my red denim and there were four spools of nylon overlock thread. I don't think I'll make use of the nylon thread but you never know.

For the pants, I did splurge on a spool of navy and burgandy 100% cotton thread.

I paid $8.15 for this one spool of thread. After the deal on overlock thread I kind of feel ripped off. And that was with a 20% discount!

Joking aside, I picked this thread because of the two colours that hopefully will show when I do the topstitching around the waist.


Here's a sneak peak at the pants. I used a pink cotton sateen that I had in my stash from decades ago.

The pants are almost done. I just have to sew the facings, top stitch the zipper opening and hem them.

Hopefully, I'll have some finished photos soon.

Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Congrats, it is an amazing top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How marvelous that they liked your top!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...