Wednesday 24 July 2013

In Sewing News Today...

Remember this? It is that quilt that I am making using up all the left-over fabric that has been part of my stash for far too long. I started this project over a year ago. What can I say, it is taking me awhile. Besides, I'm not really a quilter. I'm just trying to use up the scraps.

Well, I'm happy to report that I have sewn together two hundred and eighty squares! Enough to cover the single sized bed in Mama R's house. I don't know who is more thrilled me or Mama R.

Now, I have another two hundred and eighty squares to piece together for the other side. It might take another year or so but at least there is progress.

Happy Sewing!



4 comments:

  1. All of those colors together are so lovely! Bravo on your incredible progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt pretty good to finally finish one side, slowly but surely it seems to be coming together.

      Delete
  2. Ooo, what a great idea! I might have to start cutting out squares from my scraps...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days I wondered "what did I start!" but I'm happy now that I'm about at the half way mark.

      Delete

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...