Saturday 11 May 2013

It was an...

It was an itsy bitsy, teenie weenie, yellow polka dot baby onsie... 

Two, three, four, stick around I'll tell ya more.

Oh my gosh, I think I may be dating myself here. Papa R and his pals used to listen to that song (Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini by Brian Hyland) on vinyl when I was a wee little one. But I digress...

Stash busting 2013:  Project # 21

Fabric Used:      1 metre of cotton knit fabric

Pattern Used:     McCall's 7367, an old stand-by, circa 1994.

Snaps Used:       1 snap

Ribbon Used:    1 metre of yellow ribbon. (Actually, I didn't stash-bust any ribbon. I picked up the yellow ribbon for this project).

I actually picked up this fabric last year for a tee-shirt that is still waiting to be sewn up. This baby onsie is what I managed to make with the left-over fabric. I did have enough yellow fabric for the band pieces but went with a black knit that had a bit more stretch.

So happy to have this one done. Hmmm, what's next? Stay tuned, I haven't decided yet.

Happy Sewing!



2 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm eager to see whats next....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern! I made this in an ivory knit for my babies to wear the day they came home from the hospital. I love the polka dots on this one!!

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...