Sunday 2 December 2012

In Sewing News Today...

You'll never guess what happened today. I walked into a fabric store where they were having a 50% off fabulous fabrics sale and I walked out without any fabric. I know! Crazy, eh?

{Source}
Yes, it is true, I'm not feeling well and this flu type bug I've been fighting has knocked out my desire for fabric shopping.  

Instead of fabric I picked up a new pattern, McCall's 2447, in the wrong size. Drats! I'm going to blame it on this flu type bug that is affecting my judgement. The plan is to make my little brother a shirt. Problem is that I have to stop thinking of him as my little brother and start thinking of him as my younger brother. This is going hard.

My little younger brother happened to mention to Mama R that he could use some long sleeve shirts. And I haven't made a men's shirt since I last had a serious boyfriend, in the last century I believe that was, but I digress.... I'm up for making some men's shirts and it will be a great opportunity to do some stash busting too. I wonder if Fabricland will exchange the pattern for a larger size?

Happy Sewing!


1 comment:

  1. maybe you can call them and ask??

    Usually I call them to see if they have a particualr pattern and they do look it up for me - the answer is usually - sorry, we don't have that one! :( but it does save me a trip to the store.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...