Tuesday 25 December 2012

No word of a lie...

Update:  My nephew likes it and I have to say, he looks quite handsome in it. He said that he has a black suit jacket to go with it. The kid has style.  

"He who observes etiquette but objects to lying is like someone who dresses fashionably but wears no vest." ~Walter Benjamin

The vest is finished, no word of a lie.

I finished the basting yesterday and was able to achieve some nicely pressed edges. It was worth all the work even though it proved to be time consuming. Once pressed I took apart the basting in order to stitch the side seams and slip stitching the lining in place.

I decided to leave out the inner breast pocket. One reason is that I never heard back from my nephew if he decided if he actually wanted one. And the other reason is that I thought it would be too bulky for the vest and would place some unnecessary strain on the lining.

Don't you love the lining? That decision was totally my nephew's. I wasn't sold on it when he first picked the colour from my stash of fabric. I now have to admit that I think it looks quite sharp.

I hope that he will be pleased with it.  [fingers crossed]

Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...