Today in Winnipeg it is +33 C (91 degrees F) I need something without sleeves. Sew, I brought the dress outdoors for some quick photos under the apricot tree.
Now, what is a party without refreshments. I have brought and am pouring myself a glass of Sangrai, would you like one?
here. Now, I'm not a fan of the heat (I know, I'm weird that way). So I'm using fruit that I have on hand, so that I don't have to make a trip to the grocery store. And well, I do have some delicious fresh figs just sitting here.
Oh, first I think I should raise my glass to our talented host.
Thanks Sunni for all the hard work and amazing job on the sew-a-long. The links and helpful hints were great. And thank you for suggesting Simplicity 1880. I would not in a million years pick this pattern on my own. I'm so glad that you found this pattern for the sew-a-long. The bodice is full of delicious details and I'm so pleased with my new dress. And you made my first sew-a-long a fun experience. Cheers!
Details on my dress:
- I was torn whether or not the Simplicity 1880 dress would look good on my frame. Don't get me wrong, I think the style is cute but I don't have a Kate Middleton figure to pull it off. I have hips. I picked up the pattern and let it sit on the sewing table while I searched through my pattern drawer for other shirt dress patterns in my collection, questioning if I was crazy to participate.
- Crazy not to was more like it. I came to my senses and put my figure fears to rest with a compromise. Since I love the bodice of the Simplicity 1880 pattern and the part that held me back was the skirt, I thought to merge the top half of this pattern with the bottom half of another pattern.
- Project Runway meet Fashion Star.
- I recently made McCall's 6886 and my favourite part of the dress was the fit of the skirt. It turned out to be a match made in heaven! The pleat in the centre front of the skirt put my fitting issues to ease.
- I omitted the side zipper. With the front buttoned bodice, I have no problem slipping in and out of the dress.
Well, enough about my dress. I'm off to mingle and check out everyone else's shirt dresses loveliness.