Sunday 10 June 2012

I want one in every colour!

I finished my second Rachel Comey design skirt, Vogue 1247. This one is made in a green stretch sateen. I kept the same length of the first one, ten inches longer than the original pattern. My only change was making it a size smaller and the fit is perfect.

I serged all of my seams except around the pocket. There I used the Hong Kong seam finish recommended in the pattern instructions. The skirt would be lovely with all the seams finished in the Hong Kong seam finish but it worked just fine with the remaining seams being serged. Instead of cutting out fabric and making my own binding (there is a pattern piece included in the pattern for cutting out the binding stripes), I used store bought seam binding that I had on hand.

I want one of this skirt design in every colour! But I think for now I'll settle for one two more, one in a light blue and another in a dark denim (I have the fabric in my stash pre-washed and waiting to be cut). Oh, and maybe I'll have to make one for the fall in a wool perhaps. Hmmm, I wonder how this might look like in a plaid?

1 comment:

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...